Twitter

Thursday, September 19, 2013

False Justice: Eight Myths That Convict the Innocent by Jim Petro and Nancy Petro

 
One of the blogs I follow, Wrongful Convictions posted a video of Jim and Nancy Petro today and referenced their 2011 book. I was curious so I previewed the book’s contents and not only am I going to buy the book but I’ve added it to the list of recommended Books, Studies and Reports for followers, http://goo.gl/a1NWwf

1.       “Everyone in prison claims innocence”
2.       “Our system almost never convicts an innocent person”
3.       “Only the guilty confess”
4.       “Wrongful convictions are caused by innocent human error”
5.       “An eyewitness is the best testimony”
6.       “Conviction errors get corrected on appeal”
7.       “It dishonors the victim to question a conviction”
8.      “If the justice system has problems the pros will fix it” 

All great points, I can’t wait to read the book! 
 
For now I'll watch the video.

Mary