Delegate Rob Bell’s HB2040 proposes numerous changes, including:
- For the Prostitution of a minor increasing the Class 4 Felony to a Class 3 Felony for receiving money, procuring or pandering, which I do NOT oppose.
- § 18.2-356. Receiving money for procuring person becomes a Registrable offense, which I am NOT going to oppose.
- § 18.2-357. Receiving money from earnings of male or female prostitute becomes a Registrable offense, which I am NOT going to oppose.
- The transporting of a person for the purposes of prostitution or unlawful sexual intercourse, which I am NOT going to oppose.
- The creation of two new crimes (recruitment and conspiracy) under criminal gang and racketeering for receiving money from prostitution, which I am NOT going to oppose.
- And the civil forfeiture of property used in the commission of these crimes.
§ 18.2-356. Receiving money for procuring person
§ 18.2-357. Receiving money from earnings of male or female prostitute
are being added to the VSP Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry RETROACTIVELY.
Anyone convicted of these two crimes 1, 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ago were already given their court-ordered sentence that the Commonwealth’s Attorney and the Judge agreed to would now be overturned by the Virginia Legislature because of a retroactive mandate to register after the fact.
There are NO “due-over’s” or “add-on’s” , once a sentence is handed down, that’s it.
By not adding a start date to HB2040 per § 9.1-901. Section C, Delegate Bell and any
Please Email or call your one Virginia Delegate and your one Virginia Senator and either ask them to vote “No” on HB2040 OR to add a start date of July 1, 2015! TODAY!
Delegate Rob Bell- DelRBell@house.virginia.gov