Twitter

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Two Updates to Do’s and Don’t Page: Virginia Registered Sex Offenders Accessing Emergency Shelters and Visiting or Camping at National Parks



Today I added two updates to the VA Legal Restrictions and Regulations page AKA “RSO Do’s and Don’ts". I usually don’t post about an update made to that page but I feel that these two pieces of information are too important not to highlight. 

Mary Devoy 

They are:
 


  1. On July 7, 2015 I confirmed in an email with one of Virginia’s Deputy Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security that Registered Sex Offenders in Virginia are NOT prohibited from evacuating to a State Emergency Shelter during a Hurricane,  even if that shelter is on school grounds. I have retained this email if anyone ever is denied access or charged with a Registration violation for accessing an Emergency Shelter in Virginia.
  2. On July 7, 2015 I confirmed in an email with National Park Service- Office of Policy that Registered Sex Offenders in Virginia are NOT prohibited (by policy or by law) from visiting or camping at a Federal/National Park. I have retained this email if anyone ever is denied access or charged with a crime for visiting or camping at a Federal/National Park in Virginia.