Sign Here to Confirm What We Have on File is Correct & Current!
Since 2007, October in my house means..........it’s Re-Registration month.
First there is waiting for the VSP certified letter (that an RSO must have to re-register) to be delivered via USPS:
- Will we be home or out when they attempt delivery?
- Will the USPS delivery person actually attempt delivery at the door or just leave a post card stating delivery was attempted when it wasn’t (like in 2009) and now the letter is sitting at the local post office and has to be picked up there?
- Will the USPS worker allow me to sign for it (instead of the RSO who is at work, since we filed a letter at the local post office back in 2010 giving me permission) or will the USPS worker tell me that doesn’t matter and he has to sign for it?
- Will there be enough days (letters are mailed-out by the VSP 10-12 days before they are due with no adjustments being made for weekends or holidays ) from receiving the letter until the due date to get to a VSP Barracks while they are open (Mon-Fri 8:30-4PM) without having to miss any work?
- Will the letter get lost/misplaced by the USPS (like in 2010) and until the VSP contact the USPS at your request no one really bothers to look for it?