- The Virginia State Police will now post publicly all college information on an RSO’s VSP listing.
- The VA-DMV is now prohibited to issue or renew any DMV-Specialty License Plate that is related to children or children's programs or with revenues paid to funds for the benefit of children if the vehicle is owned by an RSO.
- The VA-DMV shall not issue or renew personalized (Vanity) license plates to RSO’s if the requested personalization relates to or references children.
- Condominium and Housing Associations are now likened to that of daycares, schools and assisted living facilities within the Code of Virginia in that they can now request and receive RSO email-notifications directly from the Virginia State Police.
- Any RSO “not guilty by reason of insanity” can not be licensed by child welfare agency or assisted living facility, approved as a foster or adoptive parent by a child-placing agency, approved as a family day home by a family day system, or employment or serving as a volunteer at an assisted living facility, adult day care center, or child welfare agency.
You don’t have to avoid anyplace or anyone new, you don’t have to give more data to the VSP, you don’t have to speed up the time-frame that you deliver data to the authorities, no one was retroactively re-classified, no employment opportunities were taken away, no commercial driver licenses were changed, your standard driver’s license expiration time did not shrink again, no one’s mandated timeframe on the VSP Registry was retroactively increased before a court-petition is allowed and no changes to the court-petition process were made.
Also no changes to SVP civil commitment were proposed in 2016.