3 weeks from today is Halloween 2016 and in about 2 weeks I’ll post my annual Do’s and Don’ts list for RSO’s in
- October 31, 2007- Sex offenders locked down, in the dark for Halloween
- October 18, 2010- Should police monitor sex offenders on Halloween?
- October 29, 2010- Halloween a night of security theater for sex offenders. Are sex offenders cruising for children on Halloween?
- October 24, 2011- The Halloween Sex Offender Myth
- October 30, 2011- Sex offenders: Halloween’s boogeyman. Registered abusers are being rounded up tonight to protect trick-or-treaters. How real is the threat, though?
- October 21, 2013- Manufacturing Fear: Halloween Laws for Sex Offenders
- October 25, 2013- Sex Offenders Have Become Our "Bogeymen", Allowing Anxiety not Facts to Write Our Laws
- October 30, 2013- Halloween Sex Offender Laws Are Unjustified
- October 15 , 2015- Johns Hopkins, Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse Weighs in on the Hysteria Against Registered Sex Offenders on Halloween
- October 28, 2015- The Marshall Project: Is Halloween Really More Dangerous for Kids? A Lack of Evidence Doesn’t Stop Cities from Rounding Up Sexual Offenders on the Holiday.
- October 30, 2015- How Dangerous are Sex Offenders on Halloween? OR Police to Keep Close Eye on Sex
Offenders at Halloween OR Officers to keep close eye on sex
offenders at Halloween
October 28, 2016- Are Halloween rules for sex offenders unjust?
- How Safe Are Trick-or-Treaters? An Analysis of Child Sex Crime Rates on Halloween, by Mark Chaffin, Jill Levenson, Elizabeth Letourneau, and Paul Stern, 2009: http://sax.sagepub.com/content/21/3/363.abstract http://voice-of-reason.pbworks.com/f/Levenson-2009-Sex%20Crimes%20on%20Halloween.pdf
Specter of Sex Offenders on Halloween: Unmasking Cultural, Constitutional,
and Criminological Concerns, by M. Benjamin Snodgrass, 2010: http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/students/groups/oslj/files/2012/03/71.2.snodgrass.pdf