The 2017 Virginia General Assembly begins in 5 weeks in
. Richmond Virginia
Did you know that “Sex Offender” Bills were the #1, #2 and #3 most requested Bills (Legislation) for 10 out of the last 11 GA sessions?
Have you asked your Virginia Delegate and Virginia Senator to sponsor a “Smart” Sex Offender Bill for the upcoming session?
Not sure of what to ask them for?
Try one of these:
- Action Item from April 13, 2016 - Goal #22: Hate Crime http://goo.gl/eJYzBz
- Action Item from May 20, 2016 - Goal #7: Residency Restrictions http://goo.gl/re29t3
- Action Item from June 3, 2016 - Goal #9: Teen Sexting http://goo.gl/rSS8mX
- Action Item from June 7, 2016 – Goal/Question #17: RSO’s Right to Worship http://goo.gl/y7tfbq
- Action Item from June 14, 2016 – Goal #11: 21-Day Rule AND Goal #16: Add Sexual Misdemeanors to Writs http://goo.gl/Ns4jGs
- Action Item from June 29, 2016 – Goal #8: Automatically Remove Non-Violent RSO’s from VSP Registry on 15th year Anniversary http://goo.gl/q4MmyF
- Action Item from July 28, 2016 – Goal #12: Move to Rotating Re-Registration System based on RSO’s DOB http://goo.gl/cjmXFC
- Action Item from August 10, 2016 – Goal #4: Scrap the 2-Level Conviction-Based Classification System for a 3 or 4 Level Risk-Based System AND Goal #14: Remove the Misdemeanor Offenses and Juveniles from the Public Virginia Sex Offender Registry http://goo.gl/nZPtFP
- Action Item from October 7, 2016 – Goal #3: Verbiage in the “3 day” and “30 Minute” Statute needs to be Amended http://goo.gl/58kDYl
- Action Item from October 7, 2016 – Goal #1: Remove Employer Info from VSP Registry http://goo.gl/1Uksjk
Ask your one Virginia Delegate and your one Virginia Senator http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/ to sponsor one or two of these pieces of legislation (which ever ones you feel the most strongly about) at the upcoming January 2017 General Assembly session.
Terry McAuliffe https://governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/
to find a sponsor and/or support any of these pieces of legislation at
the January 2017 General Assembly session. Virginia
Ask the Virginia ACLU to step up to prevent the yearly slew of “feel good” laws against Virginia’s RSO that are based on zero facts.......... and for them to protect the rights and the Constitution when Virginia Legislators are targeting RSO’s for no reason other than anger, hate or political gain.
Mary Davye Devoy