If their concerns can be addressed, address it. If not let them know you’ll be in a touch again in a month or 2, then pick a different goal and ask them to sponsor that new proposal and if they decline, again ask them why.
- If they give you a legitimate reason not to Sponsor you will return with facts and data to alleviate those concerns.
- If they don’t give a legitimate reason not to Sponsor a Bill you are willing to point out empirical evidence should be the reason laws are proposed not emotion, myth and hate.
- That you will continue to return to them asking for Sponsorship as a constituent in their District.
- That you are a registered voter (hopefully) and these issues are very important to you and your family members (also voters, hopefully) and so every November they are up for reelection you and your family will be making your selection based on a candidates willingness to listen to reason and data.
- The # of Goal you requested
- Which VA Legislator you asked
- The reason they gave you not to sponsor the Bill